Tuesday, June 14, 2011

God Sees the Big Picture

God knows the future! I forget this from time to time because of my own short-sightedness. God sees the big picture; all that is ahead. 
Several weeks ago, I received my first, but surely not my last, rejection notice. It was from a publishing company that you submit your work to online. My work did not cut it for what they were looking to market. I decided to try a script of mine that I had written in the past and see if that would be accepted. However, life got busy, mainly with traveling to Texas for Gig's funeral, and I never got around to it. I was just thinking of finishing it to be submitted recently, too.
Today I received an email from this publishing company. Unfortunately, they are unable to stay in business. Although I felt loss on their behalf, I was immediately grateful I did not have a lot vested in them. 
Just a little reminder to me that God is in control!
Just this past Sunday night, a guest preacher, Brother Smallwood, preached about how we strive and connive to make plans based on our wisdom and then ask God to bless those plans! Boy, that hit home with me! I find myself thinking of a plan to solve any number of things wrong with this world and then having the audacity to ask God to bless my plan. 
So this entry is not anything profound...just some thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment