Friday, October 26, 2012

Cooped Up Itis

We received our first snow today. It wasn't too much here at our house. It melted, like the first snowfall seems to always do quickly.

However, it just seemed to sneak up on me.

I love winter. Truly, I do. I love living in a place that you get to have snow every winter. There is only one drawback to winter. Well, maybe there is more than one, but the first one that always comes to my mind is this:

The kids are going to be more cooped up than usual.

I have some high-energy boys. Being cooped up can lead to Mom hitting the chocolate pretty hard.

So, did the cooped-up-itis hit us today? Yes, it did. Amazing occurance, since they all played outside in the snow for quite a bit. But when it was time to come in, and when they warmed up their mischievous fingers, the trouble began.

I am not sure who started what, and if you ask them, they seem to have amnesia. All I know is one son lost his pants to his two brothers who then proceeded to give him a very intense wedgie. I also know a shirt that one brother was using to whip his other brothers ended up taking a dip in the toilet.

Lovely.

Winter has come. Let the games begin...

                                                                        ...and bring on the chocolate for Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment