Saturday, November 24, 2012

Pray for the Fleming Family

The power of prayer is astounding. We believers are all connected to one another. We may not know each other, but we are all a part of the family of God. I love how we can pray for other believers even if we do not know them.

All that brings me to this post. There is a family back in my hometown who are experiencing something no parent wants to experience. They are about to say good-bye to their son, who is dying from brain cancer.

I share this article with you for two reasons:

1. Naturally, to pray for the Fleming family and their loved ones. Pray for God to be glorified in this situation.
2. To point out how this family is handling this situation. I can only hope I would have a strong testimony. They do not deny their grief or even anger that their son is going through this. They just continue to rely on the Lord and keep being "normal".

The article:
Rex Fleming, 10 year old boy battles cancer  


A powerful story and reminder that God does not always answer our prayers as we think He should, but He does always answer them. He knows what is best for us.

The father, Lance, went to the same junior high and high school as I. We graduated together. I have not had contact with him in years, so I did not even realize until a couple weeks ago, that his family was battling this. However, I have thoroughly been encouraged by all I've read that Lance has written on their Caring Bridge site. Encouraged may seem a weird word to use, but it did encourage me to hear someone I went to school with is a faithful follower of Jesus. He seems to be so close to God. I am so thankful he and his wife are believers.

No comments:

Post a Comment