Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Pigs in a Blanket for the Gluten-Free Kid

Finally, finally, FINALLY, I have found some gluten-free pie crust that Third Son will eat! It is actually store-bought, as opposed to the majority of the gluten-free baking I do from scratch.


What a blessing! I have been trying to find a way to make pigs in a blanket for him. I saw this dough in the base commissary, and since it wasn't outrageously expensive,  I decided to give it a whirl.

The first time I tried this dough, it did not work exactly like I wanted. Probably because I did not read the instructions...which is pretty typical of me. The pigs in a blanket actually ended up being pigs ON a blanket.

Today, I set the dough out for a bit and let it get more to room temperature. Then, I did something incredible, which was to read the instructions. After I rolled out the dough between sheets of wax paper, it was pretty easy to manipulate over the hot dogs. You do have to work the dough a bit to get it to cover the hot dog.

Some of the kids did not like it. However, Third Son did! That was a blessing because he was my target audience anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment