Monday, July 16, 2012

The Day I Was Born, History Was Made

Not a very humble title, huh? It actually is true, though. History WAS made...however, not because I was born.

Apollo 11 left this earth to head for the moon. Knowing I was coming scared them off! :)

I love my birthday. I love the history that surrounds the Apollo 11 flight. Maybe that is why I have always loved all things NASA.

When I was little, I wanted to be an astronaut until it occurred to me I was claustrophobic.



The moon landing truly was a huge moment in history. If you want to see some images, try this page.

But to celebrate the day this year, several of my family and friends made the day special. Thank you for the wonderful phone calls, texts, gifts, and visits!

Here is a picture of the birthday banner one friend placed in my yard this morning! Sneaky thing!


No comments:

Post a Comment