Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Faking Obedience

Sassy faked going to the bathroom outside so she could go ahead and get her treat. She had no clue I was watching her through the window. I could clearly see that she had gone outside and then turned right back around to the door.

Sneaky.

She was focused on the treat, the reward, the prize. She didn't have a desire to obey for obedience's sake.

Faker.

But...

Do I fake obedience to God outwardly so I can be blessed? Or do I try to obey Him just because I want to obey Him?

To obey Him is to love Him.

By that measure, how much do I love Him?

I will strive to obey Him in all things. He is watching me like I watched Sassy through the window.

My treat, however, will be to hear the words, "Well done" from God Himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment