Tuesday, July 5, 2011

More Than Fireworks

Although I love fireworks just as much as the next person, in the past few days I have been treated to more than my share of them.

We found it strange when we first moved to Utah because in our home state, you have to be outside city limits to set off fireworks. Here, you can barely drive down most residential streets without causing someone to pause in their fireworks bonanza. This year, it has been even more so, because now people can buy the more spectacular fireworks that people used to drive to Wyoming to buy. Certain fireworks are still not permissible, but now we can get those 150 footers! And in case you do not know where to buy them, there are stands at nearly every grocery store parking lot. (okay, that was sarcasm there, I admit)

So as I kept hearing these go off and off and off, even till past midnight, I started wondering if we cared more about the fireworks than how we became Americans in the first place.

Here is my short article at Goodblogs

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment