Sunday, June 10, 2012

In the Holy Land! ...otherwise known as Texas

At the beginning of this month, we crossed over to the Holy Land...Texas. Boy, did it feel good knowing we were on Texas soil!

It was my turn to drive when we crossed the border, so I was seeing some of my favorite restaurants that are not available up in Utah. I was shouting out places like, "Long John's Silvers" or "Taco Bueno", and "Whataburger!" My third son thought he'd join in the act, so he yells out, "McDonald's!" He was not quite getting the whole Texas eating places thing. :)

We are working hard and also having a good time visiting. However, it is hot. For me to come here from the cool Utah temperatures, I would have to use all capital letters for that, so it is HOT!

Spiritually, I have been really enjoying reading Matthew 6, especially the verses concerning with worry. The Word has really been speaking to me with this passage. Why let worry interfere with my relationship with Him? How annoying His side of our relationship must be when I keep focusing on the wrong things.  He has already promised (again and again) He will take care of all things for His children.

He has given us protection many times on this trip. Within the first leg of the trip, we were almost run off the road by a semi-truck. God gave my hubby the alertness and good driving skills to avoid a bad accident. Then, our third son fell off a high stool at McDonald's, thus creating a trip to the ER. God provided again, and our son did not sustain any serious injury, just a very, very mild concussion.

I am really glad God provided for this trip to happen. We really are glad to see the family and friends here. God provided for our daughter to spend a week with her paternal grandmother. She had a great time with her and the family there.  We are really missing having our oldest here, though, but glad God provided a job for him that keeps our son back there. (Staying on the God's provision theme there)

No comments:

Post a Comment