Friday, May 18, 2012

I Know The Plans I Have For You


I decided to pull an old song out of my itunes. In fact, it has been so long since I've listened to it, I haven't moved it over to my laptop yet, and I've had that for some time now.

♫ The song is "I Know The Plans I Have For You" by LordSong. I love this song! I'm listening to it and wondering why I've forgotten about it!  ♪

This song encourages me when I choose to let worry and/or fear invade my life.

My mind knows that God may not answer a prayer request right away, but in His timing. My mind knows that...but do I live it? I will offer my little concern up to Him and step away and actually know I have placed it in His hand. But then a day goes by, a week, a month....and I don't see any answer. However, that doesn't mean it isn't coming.

 I know the plans He has for me are better than any I could have for myself. My little concern may not fit into His plan or may not fit at this time. I just have to keep walking with Him and rest in the fact that He will take care of me.  He wants to bring hope to my life.

For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray not me, and I will hearken unto you. And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.     Jeremiah 29:11-13 

The song mentions hearing God say this promise again and again. Well, that's my fault He's having to say it more than once. I let go of His promise and started worrying! Verse 13 says to seek Him with all your heart. Obviously, I was not seeking Him so that left time to give into worry.

Why would God bother with "fearfully and wonderfully" making me if He was not planning to take care of my future? Why would He bother to provide a way for me to spend eternity with Him if He wasn't going to take care of me here on earth?  He wouldn't.  He has taken care of me. He takes care of me now. He will take care of me in the future.

If you don't know God, I hope you will seek Him. Allow Him to show you the plans He has for you.✟

No comments:

Post a Comment