Monday, June 24, 2013

Lee is Synonymous with Leatherman

Last night in church, I was standing next to Youngest Son during the song service. I noticed he was pulling something out of his pocket. Naturally, I was suspicious, as our children have been known to bring contraband to church. I asked him to show me what it was.

His little Leatherman.

Now, if you are not privileged enough to know what a Leatherman is, then let me explain it is a multi-tool you can keep on your belt or in your pocket.

As soon as it was clear he had a multi-tool in his pocket, a sweet lady that was standing behind us started laughing.

She told me, "You know it is a Lee boy if he is carrying a Leatherman." She had experiences of Oldest Son always having a multi-tool handy when needed.

It cracked me up she said that.

This past Christmas we were home in the Great State of Texas, and during the white elephant gift exchange, my nephew needed help opening his package. He said, "I need a Lee boy to lend me his Leatherman."

Yes, multi-tools are something for which we are known. Hopefully, people will think of us as handy people to have around.

Of course, seeing that Hubby and I had duct tape registered on our wedding registry, I imagine I could write a similar post on duct tape. :)


    




= Lee Boy

2 comments: