Monday, August 5, 2013

First Day of School!

We started our first day of school! Why am I excited?

Because I picked a start date and stayed firm with it. I can be a procrastinator, so I view this as a victory.

Now,I didn't have everything as organized as I had wished, but if I waited for that to happen, I would have four uneducated adults on my hands!

I was very honest with the kids this morning. I told them while I was super excited about the material we are going to be studying this year, I was NOT excited about being confined to the kitchen. We took our school outside in the front yard to hold school there.

Sassy joined us out there and Hubby was working on something out there too. The luxury and flexibility of home schooling!!!!

God answered my prayers. There was barely any bad attitude as we started! Only one child expressed a mild protest, and then quickly mended his ways, to his credit.

I am really grateful we are able to home school. I love being with the kids.

1 comment: