Monday, November 12, 2012

Push Ups to Obedience

Today has been one of those days.

1. Get up and have breakfast. Rough house with your brothers.
2. Take your oldest brother to the commuter train. Rough house with your brothers.
3. Listen the read aloud story we're doing for school. Rough house with your brothers.
4. Walk to the kitchen for lunch. Rough house with your brothers.
5. Eat lunch. Rough house with your brothers.
6. Breath in oxygen. Rough house with your brothers.

... and so on, and so forth.

I asked them to stop. I told them to stop. I yelled at them to stop. I told them they were driving me crazy. I think I may have heard one child say that wasn't going to be a long drive, but not certain.

I decided to go the old-fashioned way. I'll just work it out of them. Kind of like in the old days when they would "whip the devil outta ya".

Third Son and Youngest Son were told to do push-ups on the living room floor until I deemed them purged of extra energy.

They were giggling and whatnot as they started. Toward the end, they weren't giggling. They were pleading to stop. In reality, it had been less than five minutes, but it got the point across.

This is only November. If you notice in February that my youngest two have unnaturally developed upper arms, then you'll know what kind of winter Mom has had.

No comments:

Post a Comment