Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Mine Can't Hear Either!

Since today was Veteran's Day, Hubby and I went out for lunch!

We decided on Olive Garden. We didn't have much of a wait either.

As the hostess was leading us to our table, she turned to tell Hubby, "Thank you for your service!".  Well....Hubby's hearing aids wreak havoc in restaurants, so basically he hears nothing but NOISE. If he turns them off, then he hears nothing. I could tell he couldn't hear her and didn't wish her to think him rude. I told her, "He can't hear you...because of his service to his country!"

She immediately replied, "Mine can't hear either!"

"Planes?" I asked.

"Yes."

Even though Hubby diligently wore his hearing protection through those years, it still affected his hearing.  When I mentioned that, she flatly said, "Yeah, those don't work."

I told her to please tell her husband thank you for his service as well.

When we were seated, I relayed the conversation to Hubby. He burst into laughter when I told him she had said, "Mine can't hear either!".

No comments:

Post a Comment