Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Fear Again?!?!

It's amazing the theme of different devotionals I follow has been on fear. It gives me pause to wonder what God is wanting me to exactly learn and apply about fear.

I admit I have fear.  President Obama's last address to the nation did not help decrease fears, that's for sure, so I was glad to see another devotional about fear the very next morning.

One thing is for sure: God does not want us to live in a spirit of fear. So why do some of us go there? Personally, I think I forget to remind myself the sovereignty of God. I want to solve these problems on my own. Well, lately my prayer has been that I would totally trust Him in all things and cease to come up with "plans" to fix any problems; to avoid being wise in my own eyes.

2 comments:

  1. So true about "why some of us go there." I find myself giving in to fear more when I am not daily talking with God in prayer. .

    ReplyDelete