Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Psalm 19:13-14

Psalm 19:13-14

"Keep back thy servant also from presumptuous sins; let them not have dominion over  me: then shall I be upright, and I shall be innocent from the great transgression. Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer." 


Words of my mouth...

Generally, I do just fine in this area. Well, by the world's standards, I do pretty well. But this verse says for it to be "acceptable in THY sight, O LORD". By God's standards, I am not measuring up when it comes to my words being acceptable to God. Although I do not cuss, I do not always use my words to praise God. I don't always use my words to encourage others. My words from my mouth are guilty of criticizing or being thoughtless.


Meditation of my heart...

"Meditation" means you are thinking deeply about something for a period of time. The dictionary also says it is for spiritual purposes or a method of relaxation.

Uh-oh.

There are a lot of days, more than I want to admit, where my heart and mind are far occupied with things that do not bring me closer to God and they definitely are not relaxing me, either!


No comments:

Post a Comment