Wednesday, March 13, 2013

My Husband Forgets Our Anniversary Every Year

My husband forgets our anniversary every year. However, to his credit, he is not discriminatory because he also forgets my birthday, Mother's Day,Valentine's Day.....so on and so forth. It is a good thing he is not Jewish because they have far more holidays to remember. It is a guarantee he will not remember.

But, believe it or not, this is just fine with me. Seriously.

I don't need that one day from my husband because all year round he is a wonderful husband to me. He treats me like a queen, even if I have been grouchy and treated him more like a court jester than a king.

I don't need that one day to receive presents from him because all year round, out of the blue, he will surprise me with something nice. It means more to me that he bought me a gift just because he was thinking of me, rather than something he bought because a date mandated he do so.

Recently, our pastor was speaking during a sermon how men forget their wives' birthdays and they need not do that. My friend, Sondra, immediately glanced to my husband because she knows this fact about him. She found this funny because she also knows the other fact about him: that he is a great husband to me 365 days of the year.

There was a time in my life I was not sure I would be getting married. I know Hubby had resigned himself to the fact he would be a bachelor. God knew He was going to bring us together and I am so glad He did. Hubby is truly my best friend. Even when things are rough, he and I both would rather be experiencing them together. If I had to go back in the past, I would choose him all over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment