Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Hollywood Goofed

Have you ever seen the movie Courage Under Fire? It stars Denzel Washington and Meg Ryan, just to name a few.

I watched it when it came out in the 90's and I liked the movie. I was watching it tonight though and with the better televisions and cable that we have now, I was able to freeze the movie. In the story, Meg Ryan's character is from Abilene, Texas (my hometown) and as a soldier she had written a letter to her parents. You know, one of those "if-I-don't-make-it" letters.

Matt Damon's character hands it to Denzel Washington and they show a close up of the address:




Ha, ha! That zip code is so NOT Abilene. It says "78745".  I think the person who was supposed to do the research got lazy and just looked for a town that starts with an "a" because that is a  zip code for the Austin area.

Okay, that may not interest anyone else, but I thought it was funny.

I actually like the movie, overall. It is a great storyline that deals with the tragedy of friendly fire. However, I cannot stand how Meg Ryan plays her character, though.  Just because a female is serving in the military doesn't mean she always acts butch and cusses. And don't get me started on what she thought sounded like a Texan accent.  They show her dad wearing a cowboy hat because you know all Texans wear cowboy hats. Uh, actually, I better not comment on that since my own Hubby wears the hat and gigantic belt buckle. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment