Saturday, August 23, 2014

Just Like Mama Used to Make!

I'm still on my quest to learn new recipes but decided to bring back one I have not had in awhile. My mom used to make baking powder drop biscuits. I thought those would taste good with my mulligatawny soup.  
The soup that my kids hated. 

A few years ago, my mom gave me a copy of a cookbook she had used while we were growing up.

I found the recipe for the biscuits and got to work! They were really yummy! And they tasted great with the mulligatawny soup.  Reminded me of my mom making these biscuits before we left for school in the mornings.

My only problem with the biscuits is the baking powder. It tends to give me trouble, since is usually contains corn, so my tongue is bothering me a little right now. Next time I'm going to try them with an arrowroot type baking powder.

This cookbook has a wealth of information! It defines cooking terms and just pages and pages of recipes!





No comments:

Post a Comment