Thursday, June 28, 2012

Care for Church Leadership

1 Thessalonians 5:12
Now we ask you, brothers and sisters, to acknowledge those who work hard among you, who care for you in the Lord and who admonish you. (KJV)


There is a devotional written by Lysa Terkeurst on Encouragement For Today which taught me something this morning.

I have to be honest and say it made me realize I should do more than just pray for my church leadership. I should be giving affirmation to them.

I guess I usually don't do that because I, like the devotional says, assume they are getting it from other people. I've assumed my encouragement would not be a big deal to them.

If you would like to learn ways you could be an encouragement to your pastor and staff, Lysa gives some good ideas in the devotional.

You can read it here:  What Our Pastors Wish We Knew.

No comments:

Post a Comment